Thursday, April 27, 2006

Employee restrooms are employees only for a reason

A few days ago I was at work and a woman came into blockbuster. A very young woman maybe mid-twenties at most. She came into to blockbuster with who I was guessing was her daughter (she couldn't have been more than 3 or 4 years old). Her little daughter needed to use the restroom. The woman politly asks "where is your bathroom?", I politly say "We don't have a restroom for her to use" and then I suggested she go to the neighboring Starbucks coffee shop to use the restroom. This is where the bitch came out (when I say this I mean her, not me, my bitch comes out later in the story) she begins to argue that the little girl has to go to the bathroom now, I say that "We don't have a bathroom for her to use" (Note: I am still being polite). She proceeds to say "You don't have one bathroom in this entire place" and I say "We do but its for employees only". Then the evil shrew decides to make one final plea to use the bathroom but she makes the wrong plea. She decides the best way to get her way is to say and I quote "Jesus, It's a little girl", although I was flattered by her calling me "Jesus" I sadly could not let the little girl use the bathroom. The infuriated woman then trys to leave the store in a huff but she sadly makes herself look like an ass by trying to go out the entrance door. I tell her, in a polite fashion that she has to go around to the exit. She proceeds to the exit but sadly the little girl could not hold "it" any longer and she goes to the bathroom in her pants. I am unsure if she went number 1 or number 2 but that is a minor detail. Now before you go saying "wow this guy is an asshole" or "You should've let her use the bathroom" let me just make my argument. I am not at fault for the little girls wetting and/or pooping of her pants. Employee only bathrooms are employee only bathrooms for a reason, it is a health code violation to let her use the bathroom if it is not maintained for public use. Also the woman said "she has to go now", well obviously she did not because she held it for the 2 minute argument that her mother had gotten herself into. Had this woman just gone over to Starbucks the little girl would not have been put in this embarassing situation. The thing that I am most confused about the whole ordeal is that the woman had no intention of renting videos, so when she was strolling up the parking lot that Blockbuster and Starbucks shares, why didn't she think "Well one of these places rents videos, the other sells beverages, which one is most likely to have a restroom?" It wasn't like she was defusing a bomb and had to pick between the red wire and blue wire.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I do not speak English but I would like that you read my blog is new I am of Venezuela, treatment to do the possible thing to write with coherence English http://sisedijeraloquesepiensa.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home